The Oberoi Wildflower Hall
The Oberoi Wildflower Hall was once the estate of Lord Kitchener of Khartoum, and is located about 13kms from the hill station of Shimla on top of a knoll overlooking a backdrop of high Himalaya and rolling foothills.
The Wildflower Hall is nestled at an altitude of 8250 feet above sea level set in 23 acres of virgin woods of pine and cedar.
From the 87 suites and rooms every guest has spectacular views over the cedar forests and mountain ranges. Every room has a spacious marble bathroom with separate shower and walk-in closets and personalised butler service. 3 Deluxe Suites feature a separate living room with a fireplace. In addition, the very grand Lord Kitchener Suite has a four-poster bed in the master suite and a second bedroom. Guest rooms are appointed with teak floors, hand-knotted rugs and rich furnishings which reflecting the colonial heritage of the hotel and respect the traditional skills of local craftsmen. All rooms feature a personal bar, satellite television and DVD player and direct dial telephones with dataport. Three interconnecting sets of rooms are available at the resort. 24 hours in-room dining, same day laundry and dry cleaning and 24 hour butler service all add to the exceptional standard of services guests enjoy at Wildflower Hall.
The two restaurants offer the choice of fine international cuisine and traditional Indian cooking, or simply relax with a quiet drink in the timeless elegance of The Cavalry Bar.
A world class Spa opened recently at Wildflower Hall, bringing the resort right into the top league of luxury destinations. The Oberoi Spa by Banyan Tree offers holistic treatments based on Ayurvedic, Asian and Western therapies to relax, rejuvenate and inspire. With tranquil views through lush green cedar and pine forests, the Spa Pavilions offer stressed out guests a peaceful haven in which to revitalise themselves, both inside and out.
There is a multitude of opportunities to enjoy the natural surroundings. You could take day treks through the mountains, raft over the surging River Sutlej, mountain bike along Himalayan paths or take a horse ride at a more leisurely pace.
* The Oberoi Wildflower Hall accommodation 83 Premier Rooms, 3 Deluxe Suites, 1 Lord Kitchener Suite
* Location of The Oberoi Wildflower Hall 13kms (45 min) drive from Shimla in Chharabra
* Getting to The Oberoi Wildflower Hall 8.5hr international flight; 1hr domestic flight; 3.5 hr drive
* Children at The Oberoi Wildflower Hall Children welcome but no facilities
* Facilities 24 in-room dining, Business Centre, Beauty Salon, Laundry & Valet Service, Indoor Heated Swimming Pool, Steam & Sauna Room, Banyan Tree Spa, Fitness Centre
* Free activities Swimming, Fitness Centre, Walks
* Paid activities Rafting, Mountain Biking, Horse Riding
* Weather Generally hot and dry although affected by south-west monsoon in Jun to Sep
* Services 'The Restaurant' offers Pan Asian and Continental Dishes, 'Lutyens' offers speciality Indian Cuisine and the 'Cavalry Bar' offers a full range of wines and spirits. Horse riding, River Rafting, Mountain Biking, Guided Walks are all available